I've been attending Christian Life Program (CLP) of Ang Lingkod sa Panginoon-Alabang (Lingkod for short) for 3 consecutive Wednesday and the topics was God's Love (1st), Jesus Christ and His Mission (2nd), What It Means To Be a Christian (3rd), The power of the Holy Spirit (4th) (I've missed the first topic that's why I only attended 3 consecutive Wednesday ), but the 4th topic really strikes me the most.
The Holy Spirit..hmmm..the other member of God's Trinity..it's so well known a school in Mendiola was even named after it. Im not a bible geek but I do know that the Holy Spirit was mentioned in the baptism of Jesus in River Jordan (thanks to St. John the Baptist) and came to him in a form of a dove, and during the Pentecost when the tongue of fire blessed the Apostle's of Christ and give them supernatural, este great gift of preaching (and the ability to speak different language din). Oh diba, ang cool!!! The Holy Spirit gives men the courage and strength to preach the word of God to other people. Kaya nga I was wondering if the Preachers and Priest of today have theri H.S. in full blast kasi they have the ability and the wisdom to teach and evangelize us about the word of God. Now don't get me wrong ha, its not only the gift of preaching ang nagagawa ng Holy Spirit, there's a lot of grace this H.S. gives to us (which i cannot enumerate coz im not that familiar padin with it), that's why im going to focus on what i've learned last night about the grace of the Holy Spirit which is "change of hearth and nature".
(Omaygasablegas, this will take long to read so please bear with me ha!)
After returning here in the Philippines I found myself disconnected from God. Well, before I was sent to the land of Alibaba and Aladin I know for a fact that I have a big issue with God. It got worse when I was in abroad. No church, no Catholic ministry, no community to talk to, plus the fact that temptation and sin is so prevalent in our place (mistress, vices {oppss no pun intended to mr. you-know-who-you-are}, addiction, gambling, etc.) you can have it as simple as buying cigarette in the sari-sari store (in our case in the local chekua store {mukha kasing intsik ung seller}). I totally didn't pray, even forgot how to pray the rosary nga eh, but in fairness to me I do thank God always when something good happen to me and I've been a very good boy (sometimes*wink*) din.
So when I returned here im in total wreck, spiritually, vices here and there, temptation, materialistic concerns, etc. As a matter of fact since landing here in Pinas I haven't been to church yet (as in normal Sunday mass!!!!!!). Then one day I woke up exhausted, depressed, sad. I even consulted our in house nurse to check if their's something wrong with me (buti nalang she said im ah-OK naman, so mental stress lang yan). I was looking for the answer for my anxieties in life. One day I prayed to Lord (yes i did pray for it for the first time) that sha nalang bahala sa buhay ko. I'll leave it up to you Lord. You're in charge now. And he did controlled me by introducing me to Tuloy sa Don Bosco.....
In Tuloy, i've seen God and his kindness in the eyes of the kids. I believe God has awaken my Holy Spirit (which maybe became stagnant for quite sometime) and give me the change of hearth and nature by becoming a volunteer in Tuloy. Total conversion I tell you. It's like my life turn a 180 degrees (hey JP, remeber this term in our sharing time, so sorry talaga ha for explaining it to you what's the meaning of it, eh alam mo naman pala! hehehe peace bro!) From being the annoying, grumpy,sarcastic,hot-headed kind of person that I am it changed me to become mellow and patience kind of person. Since then I started to reconnect my life to God again, and I know this will be a long process. Slowly but surely ika nga. With the help of the Holy Spirit who constantly giving me the courage and will, just like the apostles, I believe in return I'll be a better man and will also preach the love of God to everyone and inspire them as well to become a good Christian.
Amen and Godbless us all with the power of the Holy Spirit.
recharged and reformed,
theonoski
No comments:
Post a Comment