Thursday, July 17, 2008

When the writing bug bites...

Let me get this straight, just because blogging is the"in" thing nowadays (thanks to brian gorell, kitty go, bryanboy,chuvaness, and the late chikatime) that doesn't mean i should have one also. I've been blogging way back in 2004 ,though the website where i first posted my blog closed down, which in turn lead me to Friendster blogging and Multiply. Now I closed my Multiply account (it sucks i tell you, better stick to Friendster) and I almost delete all my post on Friendster and now I end up here in Blogger (clap! clap!) which was way much better than the previous websites. Since I started this little addiction of mine (i.e. writing) I've been wondering why on earth do I write. My sister even laugh on the idea that I write (much the same as me speaking in English), but eventhough i can't write as good as others, feel ko im a born writer (those who agree with me please raise your hand). Also with blogging, I can say what I have to say and if my best buddy casper is tired of listening to my whimsical and wacky antics in life I can still release this enthusiasm thru blogging (gets nio ba what i mean?).

If you read most of my article here you will notice that my writing sucks. Yup, that's true, its sucks, but that's the least of my priorities. As long as im having fun writing and i can say what i want to say, that's all that matter =P. Screw them. Hahahaha

Ever since i was in elementary I really wanted to be a writer, but with a grade not exceeding 83 on English subject gives me an idea that I should stick where I best excel..Math (yabang!!!) and forget about my journalistic dream. So what i did was I befriend most of the journalist/editorial staff of our school newspaper. In elementary it was Robert Siao and Harold Jaqueca, in High School there was Cathy Bolonia and Eunice Rivera and in college William Sarmiento (though Yam is not a member of any school newspaper but this guy is so witty and fluent in English, he's a member of the college's theather guild by the way). Gosh, I do admire this people when writing is concern. Then now in yuppyworld i met a lot of great writer like our very own Delo F., Erwin B., Chin P., Edna D., and some of my friends in Tuloy and Lingkod.

Now, our cute office newspaper include me to their rooster of columnist, as an Entertainment contributor, how cool was that huh!?! I do hope with this writing stint my writing skills will be honed and eventually ill have the guts to say whenever someone asked me if I have a blog by saying "OPKORS AKO PA!".

No comments: