Friday, April 2, 2010

Reflections on Holy Thursday

When Jesus had finished washing their feet, he put on his garments again, went back to the table and said to them, "Do you understand what I have done to you? You call me Master and Lord, and you are right, for so i am.
If I,then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet, you also must wash one another's feet. I have just given you an example that as I have done, you also may do."


The gospel reading for today Holy Thursday is specially dedicated to the politicians who are running in this year's national election.

A genuine leader is a source of unity, not division..So leadership isn't about single person but person becoming one group.

I think most of our politicians now forgot the true meaning of public official. We are not here to serve you instead you are there to serve us. I pray that whoever get elected in this year's election may you find in your heart to truly serve our countrymen and not to serve for your own's sake.

Pinakita din dito ni Hesus kung papaano sha nagpakumbaba sa kanyang mga disciples at pinagsilbihan nya ito, kahit na alam nila na sha ang anak ng Diyos Ama. Kung ako siguro yung mga disciples na yon eh na-shock siguro ako. I mean he's the son of God but still he's cleaning our feet. This remarkable experience teaches us that we should be humble no matter how high our stature are and also we should serve our fellow men as well.

I do admire those people who serves the less fortunates like the orphanages, home for the aged, the prisons and what not. They are sharing their precious time to give this people reasons to celebrate life by attending to their needs whether physical or spiritual. Though it's tough to juggle our hectic schedules at work and this charity works but I believe, if we really find it in our hearts to serve, God WILL surely make a way.

Bless are this volunteers for their generous hearts to serve others.
Bless also the people who are being served by this volunteers, for they can share and lessen their pain and sufferings to them.
And most of all Thank you oh Lord God for giving us an example that we should serve others as well, just like what you did with your disciples.
AMEN.