Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Nami Island Blitzkrieg


First and foremost I was not a fan of Endless Love (both the Summer and Winter season) but just for curiosity and for a possible photo-op I still put in my itinerary to visit Nami Island just for fun.

It was a daring task. My plan is to leave Seoul as early as 7am and must be back by 2pm to join the tour group at Changdeokgung Temple. Talk about tight schedule.

So I did woke up at 6am (habang naghihilik pa yung ka-dorm mate ko) ate a simple breakfast then off to the subway at 6:45am. It was a 2 hour train ride, 3 train stations hop on-hop off, and a few missed train until i arrived at the station where i took a 5 minute cab ride to the ferry station to Nami Island.

And here I was! Dyaran!!


The Zip Wire (its a zip line from the ferry terminal to Nami Island) was still closed when I arrived so I didn't push through with it. Sayang! Anyhow mahal naman yung Zip line nila versus taking the ferry. Hahaha.


Super Foggy morning!


 We have to wait for the ferry to return to the terminal, and together with me are a bunch of elementary students. Ang kukulit nila! So i just focused myself on the bonsai trees located on the jetty. So Japanese inspired lang ang dating. The fog, lake, and the tree makes a dreamy combination that makes you think "am I dreaming, am i real, am i here? (what?)"





Did I say I'm with a bunch of makukulit na mga bagets??!


Besides the kiddos, there are some foreigners (mostly Indonesians) who are with us on the trip. Ang cool right??!



After a 5 minute boat ride we are here in Namirara Island (a.k.a. Nami Island) Yahoo!!


As I say earlier, the place became famous for it was the location of Endless Love, most specially the Winter Sonata season,  hence the image of the Snowman and woman figure all over the place. I didn't know and I don't care what does it mean pero mukhang cute naman sha.



I'm lucky to be at SK during the last week of Cherry Blossoms and it was abundant on Nami Island. Im so happy to see this wonderful flowers in person! Parang sosyal na kapatid lang ng Bougainvillea!







And the Koreans has a thing on stacking stones, i dunno what does it mean. Maybe it's a about good luck or wish thingy. So kapag bumagsak yung tinayo mong mga bato ibig sabihin patay na ang winish mo (just kidding ;P )


Upon entrance sa Nami Island turning right, the first pit stop is the grave of General Nami who was the  protector of the island. It's about a certain army general who protect the island and the nearby kingdom from their enemy since the island is the entry point. The long history makes me more sleepy so i ditch the whole history and just pay my respect to the courageous general =D



Pakibasa nalang po yung history =P




And after the cemetery is the most famous pine tree lined area in the whole wide world! No kidding! It's the most recognizable location in all Koreanovela ever produced hahaha. I have to admit the place looks serene and it has some romantic effect. I will definitely go back here in the exact place together with my girl and I will have that "love shot" right here. (insert itaga mo sa bato).




The adventure didn't stop there, next post if the different animals of Nami Island and how did I judge the bagets as makukulets. Abangan! =D

No comments: