Friday, October 16, 2009

The story of the deaf frog and Mr. Compliment Guy

Naalala nio paba yung kwento about a group of frogs who fell on a deep well (or anything basta malalim) then each one of them tried to get to the surface but they end up dead by doing so and their frog friends in the surface keep on telling this one frog to stop jumping coz he'll be killed by doing it but eventually he manage to jump to the surface alive. And when the surface frog ask this survivor why he didn't follow their instruction to stop jumping and come-what-may-wait-and-see-attitude nalang he respond to them "i can't hear you coz im deaf".

Basta the story goes like that...

Anyway, the moral of the story is what we say can either make or break a person. Though actions speaks louder than words pero what goes out in our mouth sometimes can either be helpful or destructive to other people.

Gets nio ba?

I just remember this story after watching the season 8 episode 1 of The Family Guy last night (try to watch that show, it’s so hilarious!). Bryan and Stewie were transported in another universe where there is only one living man, and this man is called Mr. Compliment guy (or something). All he say is compliments and pampalakas ng loob kind of words to Stewie and Stewie want to stay on that universe coz he thinks it’s the best. Then it hit me, is our way of talking really affects other peoples life?

After watching the show, I ponder the lesson in the cartoon and the story of the deaf frog, and applied it to my personal life. Well, to be honest, I’m not the best person who compliments other people, nor give them good advice or words of wisdom. If I we’re in that frog story maybe I’m one of the “surface frog” who discourage the deaf frog not to jump. One “surface frog kind-of-attitude” I did was just recently, before I went here @ KSA and thank God my friend had a severe case of deaf ear coz he did not listen to me hahaha!

Now he’s living in a place where he found his true happiness, and I’m so proud and happy for him.

The point is, whatever we say or express to other people, whether you’re making an opinion or just plain being tactless, it still affects other people’s life whether on a positive way or the negative way =D. Well as for me, I’m trying to let go my “surface frog kind-of-attitude” and be the “Mr. Compliment guy” nalang. I think the later is much more fun than the former.

1 comment:

KingHardinero said...

Uy, narinig ko na itong story na ito. Sermon sya ng isa naming friend na pari, hehehe!