Thursday, February 12, 2009

The RIGHT Lane

One Saturday morning of January 2009, I dragged myself and my Tatay to Makat for the mileage check-up for my car. While approaching approaching the intersection of Airport Road and NAIA I realize I was in the wrong lane. My lane is allotted for the cars going to Baclaran wherein I’m supposed to turn right to Airport Road. Without thinking (and probably didn’t hear the honking of the cars behind me) I immediately and carelessly swerve to the right to make my way to Airport Road. Unluckily for me, the MMDA saw me swerved from afar and before I turn left to Airport Road he waved at me and signaled me to stop at the sideroad.

Well, I must admit I’m wrong but since I don’t have time to make a “deal” with him (and besides don’t have money that time),I just surrender my license to him and explain to him that I will not do it again and will follow the traffic rule. Luckily enough he surrendered to my appeal and let me go without any ticket or confiscated ID.

My life (before) is almost the same as my driving skills. No it doesn’t sucks, but I carelessly swerved whenever I want it to be, not thinking the consequence that it may affect to other people. The only thing I’m thinking is to have it my way, the easy way that is. But along the road I didn’t notice that I bypassed and sometimes hurt the people I love. Maybe I’m blinded by my own pride and “yabang” factor that I really don’t care what they say or what they feel. Herewith the motto originated:

“Don’t talk to me, I don’t like you”

And then my own MMDA came into my life, literally stopped me on what I’m doing and eventually made me realize that “hey, you’re on the wrong lane punk. Better change your habits or I may take your license”. And since I don’t have any choice (and scared of course), I immediately stop and think about on what’s going on with my life. But this MMDA of mine is more forgiving compare to the MMDA stationed at Airport road. He just told me to immediately stop doing those nasty swerves that I’ve been doing for the past couple of months and just go straight in the direction he’s giving me and wait till I reach the intersection where I’ll meet the “real” officers who will guide you and direct you to a more correct way (of life).

True enough, after I’ve straightened up my swerving ways I’ve finally found the correct way and it made me happy. Happy in the sense that I’ve feel happy and enjoy minus the guilt feeling. Yes it’s difficult to be on the right lane but once you get used to it became a habit as well. So now there are still some minor swerving going on the road that I’m taken but I know my own MMDA is still watching over me and when the time comes that I’ve swerve again, he’ll call his “officers” to guide me back to the correct right lane.

No comments: