Together with the coming of New year comes the age old superstition of our people and with our own families as well. Some of those superstition are wearing polka dots fort New Year (which signifies more money in the coming year), 12 sets of different round fruits for good luck (heck, we didn't ever complete this one since my sisters always ends up eating all the grapes before midnight!), blowing up firecrackers to drove away the negative vibes from your house (sayang ang perang pambili ng paputok!!!) and what not.
Anyhow, I list up some of superstition which I just learned last 2011....
1. Getting married in a church with very strong structure. Strong structure = strong married life.
I actually learned this info from my good friend Shane who was married in San Agustin Church. True enough it was an old saying that you should get married in a church with reputable and strong structure. One thing that comes to my mind is the mighty San Agustin Church! It was the only church in Intramuros that survives WW2. It's in my bucket list to get married here hahahaha.
All Hail to the Mighty Church!
2. The Lion Dragon statue of China
According to the receptionist at our hotel, the lion dragon statue means goodluck and prosperity to the owner of the house. No wonder every house/ building/ temples/ establishment in Beijing has this on their doorstep. Hmmm..makabili nga ng ga-higanteng statue para sa future bahay ko.
Lucky Me?!!?
3. Visit the Church first before going in a vacation
According to Kuya Efren, before daw kami maglamyerda sa Cebu City we should at least go to the Church first par ama-bless yung vacation namin. And so we did! Ayan may ibidinsha! LoL. It was indeed a fun filled vacation at Cebu and Bantayan Island. Da best!
Thank you Lord for the Blessings ha!
4. Wood carved gods of the mountains
I have a secret to tell you. Afraidy Aguillar ako sa mga ganitong bagay na makikita sa Banaue! Waaaaaa!!! But just the same, the time I went to this place (twice last 2011) I simply pay respect to them and asked for safe passage expecially when we do the trekking in Batad and Kalinga (will post the story soon!). Nevertheless with the help of prayers narin our trip was a success and accident free pa. Yay!
Hellowh powh!
5. Shiny, Shimmering Splendor! The golden door knuckles of Forbidden Palace
Well, technically it was not only in Forbidden Palace that you can find this huge door knuckles but in Temple of Heaven as well. I think most of the Palaces in China have these one. It was plain curiosity when we we're in Forbidden Palace that all the Chinese people who passed by the door simply touch or grasp the knuckles before entering the premises. Shempre hindi ako papatalo, I did the same when I passed by the huge door of F.P. And according to our receptionist (see item 2) touching the knuckles daw means good luck. Niaha! Buti nalang nakahawak ako kaya puro blessings ako nugn 2011. (note to self: magpalagay rin ng ganitong pintuan sa bibilhing bahay para swertihin, kasama ng higanteng lion dragon statue. pag hindi pa ako sinuwerte ewan ko nalang!)
Ms Olive and her trademark pose (i.e. pa-cute and innocent effect pose)


No comments:
Post a Comment