Friday, January 21, 2011

Excuse Me I’m not fat, I’m Buff!

Ever since I’ve returned here in the Philippines instead of the usual “Hi” or “Musta” remarks that I’ve received from friends and family the usual greeting they say is “Uy, ang taba mo” or “Hiyang ka sa Saudi ah! ”. Believe me, everytime somebody remarks about my weight it always cross my mind to respond with satirical comment like “Look who’s talking?” or “Of course you’ll get fat, ikaw nang mayaman and can afford to eat anywhere”. But my moral values come first so I politely tell them that it’s because of the lifestyle that we had in KSA (which is office-home-office only).

But I think, base on my perspective, I’m not fat. Yes my waistline do ballooned to 34” from 32” and I have this horrible belly fats which looks disgusting when I’m wearing a semi-fit shirt but believe me I’m as healthy as a horse used in Polo club in Mongolia.

So, as to appease the maddening crowd and the unruly remarks of friends and officemates I decided to return to GG. Though my membership will not expire till June 2010, I still avail the promo that they had last December. God, I do miss GG! This place has all the equipments and machines necessary to keep me fit, and the sauna bath and steam room is a must-try for relaxation. And the hiphop dance session are so fun. Not to mention the good ambiance (except for the lockers which always smell bad) and the snobby attitude of the gym-goers (i.e. don’t-talk-to-me-i-don’t know-you).

That said, I spend 2 hours thrice a week in GG plus I’ve lessen my rice intake during lunch and no dinner for me as well. But when there’s sinful foods serve on the table (like Fruit salad ice cream from Magnolia or Black forest cake from Red Ribbon) I just have to partake on it. Remember: Food is God’s blessing to us =P.

You’ve might be asking “how come you consider yourself buff wherein your waistline is 34” and you have a flabby tummy?” In fairness to me…

First I don’t have flabby arms. They’re more compact than a 11-seater FX taxi plying the Sucat-Manila route.

1. I walk faster than the average (bear) juan without gasping for oxygen.
2. Threadmill is my bestfriend.
3. Minimum weight during work-out: 90 pounds

So, to the next person who will tell me that I’m fat, well tell that to my face at GG. =P.

No comments: